Sunday, January 17, 2010

Paleo breakfast


Here is just one of the breakfasts I eat in the morning. I ususally eat eggs, some type of meat, and whatever veggies I have in the fridge/freezer. Also, I'm usually working out (crossfit) in the AM so this is what I eat about an hour prior to that.


Ingredients:


1 cut up carrot
butternut squash
brussel sprouts


sliced ham
sliced green onion
sliced mushrooms
2 eggs

cinnamin
salt free seasoning


First, I boiled some water in a sauce pan, then put a steamer in it. I added the first 3 ingredients and reduced the heat to medium low and covered with a lid or plate. In the meantime, I grabbed a medium sized frying pan and heated up olive oil, then added the next 4 ingredients. When everything is cooked through, then I put it on a plate and add the seasonings. Pretty easy, and it only takes about 15 minutes!

2 comments:

  1. That's super creative! All of my meals are pretty boring and basic, LoL. I ate 2 eggs, chicken sausage, and a banana for bfast today. This sounds yummy though, I'll have to try it out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha i love chicken sausage, alot of times i do kinda eat the same thing but just incorporate other stuff in, and then just make it look pretty somehow. it keeps things interesting :)

    ReplyDelete